Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Sunday, September 11, 2016

In Honor of 9-11

None of us will ever forgot what happened 15 years ago that forever changed our country.  Seeing different posts and videos of that day still brings tears to my eyes and makes my heart ache as if it just happened yesterday.  My prayers go out to all those that lost family members and friends that day.  As a special tribute to that dreadful day each year my family and I bring food and make some thing for our local fire department. My kids each drew a picture and wrote message on the back.  I made an American flag with one of my stamp sets. I wrote a message on the back of the flag. (The part of the flag that usually has the stars I stamped "God Bless You."


My hubby purchased crossiants. (Each person is my family did their part in making this gift special for the firefighters at our local fire department.)


We attached what we made on top of the box.


When we make our delivery to the local fire department my kids always enjoy meeting different firefighters, talking to them, and getting a little tour.  The firefighters are truly our local heroes and we pray for their safety each day.  Before I end this post I just wanted to share that despite all the horrible things that happen in this world we can all find peace in the "hope, faith, and love" that we have because of God.  This is always a great comfort to my family and I.  God reminded me of this this morning as I listened to a song by Allen Jackson.  I hope that God uses this post as an encouragement to all of you.  Thank you for stopping by. God bless you today and always.   





1 comment:

  1. That is such a wonderful gesture and I am sure the fire fighters truly appreciate the cards and croissants. More so because they are gifts from the heart.

    ReplyDelete