Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Friday, August 2, 2013

A Beautiful Card and More Fun Pictures from Vacation

It's taken me some time to recover from our mini vacation to San Diego.  I wasn't in the mood to do much crafting or do any work around the house until yesterday.  I guess it didn't help that I got a wisdom tooth pulled on Wed.  I thank the Lord for helping me to recover without in too much pain, but with my mouth being sore has been a bit irritating.  I'm hoping and praying that the soreness goes away soon.  Today I am going to share with you a beautiful card that I received from my friend Susan right before we left for SD.


Receiving a card from her was such a nice surprise since I have not heard from her in awhile.  Before ending my post for today I wanted to share some more pictures with you from SD.  This is a picture of Benson and I on the run way of the USS Midway.  As you can see behind us, the view from the ship of the SD harbor is beautiful.


Here we were going down the stairs on the ship seeing the different medical units.  We couldn't believe how narrow and steep the stairs were.  Not only were the stairs narrow, but the hallways, doorways, and bunks were too.


Being on the ship really helped me to have even more appreciation to the men and women that serve our country.and have served our country.  The last two pictures is of some ono food that we ate. For breakfast we ate a complimentary meal at the hotel, for lunch we got fast food, and for dinner we ate Japanese food twice, Hawaiian food ( I ordered kalua pork and loco moco.  The mac salad was one of the best I've ever eaten.),


and seafood.  Our dinners were very ono.


I am so glad that I got to eat some ono food while I was on vacation since I haven't been able to eat any ono food for the past few days and probably won't  be able to for the next few days. LOL!  :)  Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Susan created a really pretty card. I like how she stamped the leaves and added the butterflies on top. Ummmm, as always the food looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete