Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Bittersweet Month

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful July so far.  Mine was been a bittersweet one, but I thank the Lord for how He continues to work in my family and my life in the good and sad times in our lives.  Despite some sadness that my family and I have gone through, he has also provided us with lots of good times this month with having the opportunity to spend time with some good friends.  It has been such a blessing to be able to see some of our good friends. Last Wednesday we went out to dinner a friend that we have known for awhile.  We enjoyed a meal at a restaurant called Garden Café. 


All the food was very good, but my favorite was the oxtail stew with mushroom sauce.


On Friday we went out to dinner with a friend and her daughter at Islands.  Here we are with our endless basket of fries.


The highlight of that day was being able to learn how to make two kinds of rainbow loom bracelets through the help of my friend's daughter.  After watching youtube countless times I was not able to figure out how to make the bracelets.  Finally I do thanks to a second grader.  LOL!  Over the weekend I  went out to dinner with a good friend that I have not seen for 6 months.  It was nice to have a chance to catch up, fellowship, and enjoy a HI meal together.


We had poke, kalua pork, and the musubi trio which was our favorite- a fried one, a regular one, and one that has gravey and eggs on top of it.


We had macadamian cheesecake for dessert as you can see from the picture above.  At the end of our meal I gave her a little treat with a handmade bow on it.


To end my weekend on a happy note I put together a Hawaiian themed RAK for a friend- 3 packages of washi tape, pens, and a HI tag.


Here is a close up of the tape.  They have different Hawaiian patterns on each one.


The oil based pens are from Daiso a Japanese chain of stores that is supposed to write on washi tape and not smear.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a blessed day!



1 comment:

  1. All that ono food is making me hungry and I just had dinner. LOL. Bet your friend loved the RAK you gave her. You are so kind and thoughtful, always sharing your creative talent with friends and co-workers. Have a crafty day.

    ReplyDelete