Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Hello Kitty Tea Party and Visiting a HK Exhibit

On Saturday my good friend Esther and I attended a Hello Kitty themed tea party in Honor of Girls' Day.  The tea party was at Chado Tea in Little Tokyo.  Prior to going to the tea party, I had the hardest time finding an outfit to wear.  I looked in several stores and could not find a Hello Kitty outfit to wear that would be appropriate for a tea party.  Finally I went to Walmart and found some HK material.  Prior to leaving work on Thursday I asked a friend if she would be willing to help me make scarf if I dropped off some material at her house that evening.  Here is my friend Sandy and I after she made the scarf.


Can you believe that she made the scarf within 30 minutes?  What a pro.  Thanks to her I was stylin for the tea party. :)  Esther and I had lots of fun at the tea party.



Check out all the cute food.



The sandwiches had special shape, but we could not figure out what it was.  The smoked salmon was shaped like HK's head.


The teas were pretty good too.  They served HK tea.  The best one was the cinnamon tea.


Best of all we got to take a picture with Hello Kitty


and got some fun party favors (We got a bag of mochi and a HK bag with a HK folder, note pad, band aids and kleenex.)


After our tea party we went to the HK exhibit at the National Japanese Museum next door.


Although it was third time visiting the exhibit I still had lots of fun.  I actually noticed some new things that I did not notice the first two times.  Here is a picture of some of my favorite displays.




At the museum bookstore I previous purchased the HK products that they have there the first two times that I visited.  This time around I purchased a cute book bag


and a cosmetic bag.  Aren't they cute!


Before I end this post I wanted to share with you the RAK that Esther and I gave to each other.  I gave a some green tea with a HK chain for her phone.


This is what she surprised me with.   (Please excuse the pencil in the picture.  I put it underneath the cup to keep it from rolling.)


Thanks for stopping by and for sticking around for such a long post!

No comments:

Post a Comment