Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Friday, June 24, 2016

Time With Fran and Her Family and Our Gifts to Each Other

I can't believe that a week has already gone by since  my good friend Fran, her two sons, and her sister and her family were visiting.  She is a pro at doing origami.  When I see the outfits that she folds for her cards it blows me away.  I thought it would be fun to surprise her with an origami themed gift.  I made a card with two girls on it and watched a YouTube video to get some ideas of how to fold their kimonos.  This is how the card turned out.


The girls are on the cards are  Fran and I.  I also decorated a box


and put origami paper in it. I also included a smaller sized origami paper.


These goodies were given to Fran's kids to enjoy


and for her sister's family.


I made a tag card for her sister's family.


Fran surprised my family and I with all these yummy goodies, coloring books, and craft items



and her sister and her family gave us all these goodies.


As they were visiting my family and I got to see them twice.   We spent some time with them at California Adventure


and had dinner with them the evening before they flew home. 


We took them to one of our favorite restaurants- Clearmen's North Woods Inn.  (All of them were so generous and paid for dinner that night and the night before.)  Prior to having dinner together a fellow tea swapper and one of my good friends Carol dropped by to meet Fran and to say "thank you" for organizing the swap.  Both of them had a good time chatting.  Thanks again Carol for taking time to drop by.


It was so nice to see Fran, her two boys, and her sister and her family.  It was almost a year ago that we all saw each other.  We hit if off as if there was no lapse of time.  My family and I are very grateful for the time we were able to spend with all of them and look forward to seeing all of them again one day soon.  Thanks for stopping by!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment