Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Monday, July 15, 2013

Time at the Rubber Stamp Convention

All my weekends this summer have been pretty nice, but this past weekend was one of the most fun and memorable ones.  I am exhausted from everything, but thank the Lord for the time that I was able to spend with friends.  On Saturday a friend and I carpooled to the Carson Rubber Stamp Convention and picked up my friend that was visiting from HI to join us.  It was super cool to be able to visit so many booths.  There were 18  rubber stamp companies at the convention.  I was especially happy that Yumi and Fumi were there as well as JudiKin, Hanko Designs, K Creations, Taj of Honolulu, and Local King Stamp Company.   The 3 of us had a great time together chatting, making make and takes,



taking pictures of awesome samples of cards and 3D items (These are some fun items that you can make using dies and punches from K Creations.)

,
watching demos (Tim Holtz was there and  Elizabeth Crafts were doing demos as well as many other vendors.), and shopping, shopping, and more shopping.  Even more fun than shopping (Yes, you read what I wrote correctly.) was bumping into friends,





meeting new people  (It was so awesome to be able to meet one of the owners of one of my favorite stamp companies, Yumi and Fumi. 


After being at the convention from 10:30 am to 2:00 pm we had lunch before going home.  Several of my friends and I decided to have lunch at the same time.


I am surprised that my tummy lasted as long as it did.  I guess with having so much fun my tummy I was distracted from being hungry.  Before I end I wanted to share with you a few of the items I purchased (Besides these items I also purchased some more rubber stamps, stencils, and embossing folders.)


and two purses that I made for two of my friends as a RAK.  ( I made one of the purses for my friend that I carpooled with to the convention and the other one for the friend that I was meeting at the convention that I swap each month with.)



Thanks for spending some time with me today.  Be sure to check back again this week as I share about my Sunday afternoon and evening as well as some more crafty creations.  Until then take care, God bless, and Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Colleen, I can see you had a fabulous weekend. You all made some cool make 'n takes. How fun! Love the purses you made for RAKs too....very sweet. Ohhh, and those stamps you bought are so cute. Can't wait to see what to create with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a wonderful time, Colleen!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete