Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Veteran's Day Weekend

I hope that everyone had a wonderful 3 day weekend.  Even though it was a long weekend I still thought it went by too fast.  LOL!  It started off with celebrating my son's b-day at Chucke Cheese.  I purchased the Batman buckets and nicely arranged lots of fun goodies in it.  I attached the "Bat Symbol" tag onto the handle.

Here is a close up picture of the "Bat Symbol" and the message that I wrote on the back.  I used the bucket as part of the decorations for the table.


On Sunday we went to church, relaxed to recover from my son's party, and  had dinner with a family from church that we have become good friends with.  We took them to one of our favorite HI restaurants, Back Home In Lahaina.  While I was entering the restaurant I heard someone saying "hi" to me.  It was Leanne, the co-owner of Yumi and Fumi, which is aka one of my favorite stamp companies.  Her and her team were having dinner together after the stamp convention.  They were all nice enough to let me take a picture with them.


My family and our friends ordered different platters- the luau platter, saimin, spam fried rice, and the teri chicken and beef platter .  We each has spam musubi for our appetizer.  I ordered the seared ahi salad.


For dessert my son and one of our friends received a complimentary dessert- a chocolate macadamian nut cheese cake and a jello macadamian nut cheesecake in honor of their b-days.  Both of them were super ono.Before leaving to go home my friend and I took a picture in front of the "train station" and showed off our new pair of "Crocs."  :)


On Veteran's Day my family and I spent some fun, quality time at Disneyland.  In honor of the Veterans past and present we all wore red, white and blue.


It was extra fun being at Disneyland that day not only because it was Veteran's Day, but also because it was the first day that Disneyland had all their Christmas decorations up.  Among all the decorations were the following: the castle was covered with snow, the Christmas tree was up,


huge wreaths were up and  Small World and Jungle Cruise were decorated with Christmas decorations, and much, much more.  All the characters were wearing their Christmas attire and we got to watch the Christmas parade.  (If you click on the picture ablove with Mickey you will see that he has a Christmas vest and his jacket is much more fancy than usual.) We also got to take a picture with the characters from the new movie, Frozen, that will be coming our near Thanksgiving.  My daughter was especially happy to get to meet them.  After the weekend was over, my family and my heart was not only grateful for the Veterans, but also ready to celebrate CHRISTmas.  I think our hearts are ready, but everything else is not quite ready just yet.  :)



1 comment:

  1. Glad Zach had a blast at his party. You put together some really cool favors/gifts. Ohhhh, I spot Leanne. How fun to run into her and take this nice pix. It's always fun to see all the yummy food you and your family enjoy at the many restaurants in SoCal. TFS all of your nice pix.

    ReplyDelete