Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Surprise B-day Party

What a blessing it was to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday with him, my family, and his friends on Saturday.  My sisters and I threw him a surprise b-day party at a Chinese restaurant with 60 guests.  One of my sisters went on the centerpieces and the other one worked on booking the restaurant and set up the itinerary for the afternoon.  I bagged the party favors and embossed tags for them  It was a bit more crazy than I thought it would be.  To make a long story short I had to tie 70 bows on Friday since I accidentally forgot to put the third snack into the first 40 bags that finished at the beginning of the week.  My fingers were sore when I finished.  LOL!  Here is a picture of one of the party favors.


We purchased 3 of my tags favorite snacks and ordered magnets with our family's picture on it and a Bible verse. Along with the party favors I put together scrapbook pages for the guests to write my dad a special message on.



Each of my sisters along with one of my BILs and my kids did tributes to honor my dad.  I made him a book with my speech in it for him to keep.  (God gave me the idea to use the letters in my dad's name to describe what I admire and appreciate about him.)



We had a 10 course meal


and a 3 layer Hawaiian cake.


Here is a picture of all of us at the party,


of my parents, my sisters, and I,


and of my hubby and I. 


Now that my dad's party is done it's time for me to start my Valentine's Day projects.  Before ending this post I wanted to wish all of you out there that celebrate Chinese New Year


This the annual picture that my "twin" and I take together on Chinese New Year. Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. WOW Colleen, you and your sisters surely did a fantastic job planning your Dad's 70th birthday celebration. I can see how you all gave it a LOT of thought and made HIS day very special. The treat bags with your Dad's favorite snacks and family photo is a very sweet idea. I love the scrapbook page you created for the guests to write a message. That is truly a keepsake. I'm sure the tribute your BIL and your children spoke about your dad touched
    his heart. And your card describing what you admire about your Dad using letters from his name is definitely another keepsake he'll treasure. OMG, that cake looks scrumptious. What a delightful way to top off the 10 course dinner. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete