Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Handmade Gifts and Tags and Shopping at Maido

Last week was my first week back to work.  Boy was it tough.  I thank the Lord for giving me the strength to get through.  As a tradition I surprise my friends/co-workers with back to school gifts. Here's the steps that I did to make their gifts.   First I glued on the erasers on the clips with super glue. (I initially hot glued the erasers onto the clips with hot glue but they were very easily taken off.  So instead I glued them on with super glue which was some what of  pain especially when it got on my hand.  The feel of crazy glue on my hand does not feel very comfy.  It will come off in a few days.)


Then I cut the sentence strips into smaller pieces, punched the scallops, and stamped and punched the apple out. Next I wrote names on the apples, glued the punched apple on the scallop, and glued the apples onto the sentence strips.


The final step was putting the clips onto the sentence strips.


The erasers and the sentence strips were purchased from the dollar bin at Le Target.  I got the clips from Daiso.  For principal, VP, and office staff I purchased a box of chocolate that is in the shape of shells.  I stamped and punched out a tag and wrote "Shellabrating UR Awesomeness!" 


It's always fun surprising friends at work with a gift. One of them said that out of all the gifts that I have surprised them with this is her favorite.  This really touched my heart and brightened my day.  Before I end I wanted to share a picture with you of the super cool store called Maido that I went to visit.  They have all my favorite products there pens, pens, and more pens (I think this is the biggest selection of pens I have ever seen in one store.),

rubber stamps, bags, professional markers, books, cards, and stuffed animals.  My newest interest are fountain pens.  It was super cool to get a brief tutorial at the store about them.  I purchased two different types of fountain pens and got different ink cartridges to put inside.  I can't wait to get to use them!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment