Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Friday, November 23, 2012

A Mini Vacation

I hope that everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and took some time to reflect on God's goodness in your life.  My Thanksgiving was extra special for my family and I becausewe got to celebrate it with both sides of our family.  I also felt like it was more special because I had the whole week off from work which made celebrating Thanksgiving feel less rushed.  It gave me time to not only relax, but to take more time to reflect on God's blessings.  Since my kids also had a week off, my hubby and I thought that it would be fun to go on a mini vacation to beautiful Santa Barbara for four days.  We loved it there.  Everything from the beaches



to the restaurants, to all the buildings were absolutely breathtaking.  The SB Mission

and courthouse were my favorites.



Even though my family and I are do not like heights we were brave enough to go to the top of the courthouse clock tower to see a grand view of the entire SB.


Along with doing lots of sightseeing and eating


we also did some shopping.  Benson and the kids purcahsed an early Christmas present for me.  :)   Not only was I able to get my present I went into one of my favorite stores- Paper Source and took pictures of some awesome samples of cards, flowers, and 3D projects.  My favorite was this gigantic flower.


It looked so realistic.  I love making flowers so hopefully one day I will be able to make a flower this pretty.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful views and pictures you have from your mini trip! Glad to know that you had an awesome thanksgiving as we all have things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of your vacation in SB. That is one place that I want to visit but I'm not sure where to go. Any suggestions and how long does it take to drive there from Orange County?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures Colleen. They'd make beautiful postcards. That's a beautiful flower too. Just curious, what kind of salad is that? I love to see food pictures. LOL.

    ReplyDelete