Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Crafty, Fun, and Ono Weekend

Happy Wednesday!  I'm so sorry that I've been MIA from posting. I was hoping to post some thing on Monday or yesterday after work, but I was just too tired to do anything but relax and watch TV. I did manage to do my 20 minute workout on Monday even though I felt like I was pulling teeth to get myself to do it.   What I've been hoping to post are some pictures from my weekend.  On Saturday my friend Esther and I went to our month quilling class.


Esther and I are holding two of the cards that we made at the class.  Here is the third one.


There is one more card that the instructor prepped for us but we didn't get to it.  That evening we out to dinner with my family and I went out to dinner with my parents, sisters, and BILs to Fish King to celebrate my dad's b-day.  Here is a picture of my sisters and I with my dad.


We all enjoyed our various types of seafood that we ordered.  My BILs ordered raw oysters as an appetizer and offered each of us one.  Since I have never eaten a raw one before I thought it would be fun to try one.

I was a bit hesitant to try it, but finally ate it.  I am glad that I had the opportunity to try one, but I won't be eating another one for awhile.  It was a bit too slimy for my taste.  LOL! My hubby and I shared a 29 piece sushi dinner.

After dinner before leaving the restaurant we sang "Happy Birthday" to my dad as he enjoyed some bread pudding.  We all went to my sister and BIL's house for cake before heading our separate ways.  On Sunday we went to church and ran errands afterwards.  For dinner we went out to dinner with my hubby's family to close the Year of the Dragon.  We went to a Chinese seafood restaurant.  Our favorites were the lobsters dish and fried oyster dish.  We had a double dessert- tapioca pudding and beard and papas.  One of Benson's brothers got the beard and papas for us.  He ordered custard filled ones and chocolate filled ones.  I had the chocolate one.


Next to malasads, beard and papas are my favorite dessert.  Thanks for sticking around to read my long post.  I think having such a busy weekend is taking a toll on me this week.  Getting to bed earlier for the past two nights has helped me recover a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colleen,
    Wow, you and Esther are quilling queens. You both did amazing jobs. I'm impressed. Oh and all the yummy food and dessert. I'm hungry for dinner so looking at the pix is making me drool. Sushi sounds really good right now. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete