Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Decorations and Party Favors

I hope that this post is finding everyone doing well.  Today I will be sharing pictures of the decorations and party favors that I made for my daughter's b-day that was last Saturday.  Although the place that booked the party at already had decorations as part of the package I still wanted to make some things to add my personal touch to the party.  The theme of the party was "Descendents."  I was hoping to be able to get some of the decorations from the party store and personalize it a bit, but there were not any at the stores.  I was very surprised since the theme is so popular.  I ended up printing pictures that I found online.  Here are the front of the centerpieces


and the back of them.


I decorated buckets and put some of my daughter's favorite things in it for the party favors.  In this picture are also the flowers that I made using my punches. I attached the flowers onto lollipops.


Here is a close up picture of the flowers.


On the buckets I attached a tag that I made with the "Descendents" symbol on it along with a message from Kylie that says "Thanks for being a MALnificent friend."  Her favorite character is Mal.


For the food we served pizza and the 4 main characters favorite snacks. 



For the cupcake toppers I punched out circles and attached them to toothpicks.


Here is one picture with everything set up at the party.


Although it took me 8 hours to make the decorations and party favors, it was all worth it.  When my daughter saw everything her expression was priceless and will be remembered and treasured forever. My daughter and 6 of her friends had a blast eating, playing games, and painting.  Each of them got to paint a cupcake.  Here is the one that my daughter painted.


Thanks for stopping by to see what I have to share today.  I hope that all of you are having a good weekend so far.  For those of you who have Martin Luther King Junior's B-day off tomorrow like I do I hope that you will have some time to craft. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colleen! You put so much love into planning and making all the goodies for Kylie's birthday. I can just image the priceless look on her face. Bet her friends were ohhhing and ahhhhhing everything too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete