Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Sunday, April 8, 2018

A Card and Gift for a Dear Friend's Birthday

I hope that everyone is doing well. My family and I just back a few hours ago from a 3 day trip to Sequioa National Park and King's Canyon.  We had a nice and relaxing time away.  Stay tune for some beautiful pictures in my next post/  :)  For today before I turn in for the night I would like to share with you what I made and put together for one of my dear friends for her birthday.  Here is the card that I made for her using one of my new stamp sets.


The eskimos are my friend and I.  I decided that it would be fun to wrap up her gift using an Asian theme.  I saw the idea to wrap up gifts from Martha Steward using Asian newspaper.  For the first part of her gift I used a flower magnet from Daiso to put in the center and added some gold string and a red strip.


For the second part of her gift I just decided to keep it simple.


I like how both of the gift wrappings turned out.  I was a bit bummed though that I decided to make my friend her card before I wrapped her gift.  If I did it the other way around I would have made an Asian themed card for her. Just to cheer me up a bit my hubby mentioned to me that eskimos are Asian so I did make her an Asian themed card like I wanted to.  He is correct.  Of course don't tell him that though.  LOL!  Thanks for stopping by!  I hope that everyone had a good weekend and will have a blessed week ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Love the scene you created Colleen....so cute. The sentiment is great too. Bet your friend will be thrilled with the gifts you so cleverly wrapped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Your compliment means a lot to me since your scenes are always so spectacular. I am trying to be like you. :) It was fun wrapping the gifts with a little Asian spin to it.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! I'm positive your friend loved everything you created! She is so lucky to have a creative friend like you!! 😉 You are the bestest!

    ReplyDelete