Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Monday, June 17, 2013

A Memorable and Ono Father's Day

I hope that everyone had a memorable day celebrating Father's Day.  My family and I had a nice time honoring the special men that God has placed in our lives.  On Friday, we celebrated with my hubby at Disneyland.  Then on Saturday my mom, sisters, my BILs and the four of us took my dad out to dinner to a Chinese restaurant of his choice.  On Sunday, we went over to my FIL's house for lunch.  All the holidays always includes lots of ono food and Father's Day of course was not different.  Out of all the food I ate over the weekend my favorites are the steam chicken with minces ginger and green onions and the home made fish porridge that my MIL made.  As part of the festivities, we gave my dad, FIL, our kids' uncles, and close friends that we consider  their "uncles" a gift.  I thought it would be fun to make a tag in the shape of an Aloha shirt since many of the men that we know like wearing the shirts.   I stamped an Aloha shirt pattern that I found online


and my kids wrote a message to each person.   My son whined a bit, but he did a great job in writing a message on 12 of the tags.  My daughter good job in signing her name on the tags.  I think the tag matched perfectly with the bag that we put the gifts in.


Now that Father's Day is over it's time to move onto some other projects.  Have a great week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment