Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Two Birthday Cards

I hope that everyone had a good week.  Mine was pretty good even though I was having problems with my computer all week at home and at work.  I was hoping to be able to post earlier this week, but I was having a hard time getting into my blog without it taking forever.  Thanks for your patience in waiting for me to post some thing this week.  I can't believe that it's been a week already since I posted.  Even though it was a pretty good week, I didn't do any crafting.  (I think playing the various games on Facebook has taken over my crafting time.  If you haven't started playing them, it's probably good that you don't.  LOL!)  There are few cards that I made that I have not yet posted.  Two of the cards that I have not yet shared are the b-day cards that I made for two friends.  I always like to make cards that coordinate with the gift that I am giving to the person. For one of my friends I gave her a Hello Kitty themed gift so I made her a card with Hello .   


I cut Hello Kitty out using my Cricut and used on of my Stampin Up punches for the flowers, the scallop, and to emboss the levers and the center of the flowers.  The background was embossing using my "Happy B-day" Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The second card that I made is for a friend that I gave a Hawaiian themed gift to.


For the card, I used an old stamp set from Lizzie Anne Designs called "Garden Isle."  For the water I crimped paper to make the waves and used sandpaper to make the sand.   Here is part of her gift.


Before ending this post for today I wanted to share that my daughter and I had went to the Sanrio store last weekend and got to vote for our favorite Saniro character.  My daughter was so excited! It was her first time voting.  We were only allowed one vote per family, but if I were to vote I am sure you can easily guess who I would choose. Here I am putting my daughter's ballot into the super cute ballot box.


I am not sure if you can tell, but the board behind me has all the Sanrio characters that ever existed.  I didn't know that there were so many of them.  I don't recognize all of them.  Thanks for spending a little bit of your day with me.  Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Colleen. I'm sure you friends LOVED the cards. How fun that Kylie got to vote for the first time. Good practice. Happy Aloha Friday!

    ReplyDelete