Created With Aloha Two

Created With Aloha Two

Monday, March 27, 2017

Meeting One of My Favorite Authors

Hope that this post is finding everyone having a wonderful Spring so far.  Spring is one of my favorite seasons.  The only problem is that when Spring starts my allergies do too.  The past few days my allergies have been pretty bad.  Hopefully it will be under control soon.  Okay enough about my allergies.  Let's move onto what I did almost a week ago.  Last Tuesday I went to a local bookstore and met one of my favorite Asian American authors, Lisa See.  Before going to her book signing and new book release I made her a card and wrote her a special message.


Listening to her talk about the research she did before writing her new book and how she met the different people that the characters in her book portray was so interesting. I am fortunate enough that this was my second time having the opportunity meet Lisa. 


It was great that if we purchased her new book that evening that we can get 3 other books that she wrote signed.  I asked her to sign two of my books from home and a friend's book.


After and before the event they served tea.


Before I end this post I wanted to share a fun event that my family and I attended this weekend.  We went to a Bubble Run at Angel Stadium.  It was a 3 mile run/walk with 5 bubble tunnels. 



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a blessed week!





1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet of you to make Lisa a card. So pretty!!! OMG, I've never heard of "Bubble Tunnel." That sure looks like fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete